Saturday 5 January 2013

Top 12 Beauty Favourites

Since I'm having a lazy Saturday putting off packing all my things to go back to London tomorrow, I thought I'd do a post on my must-have beauty items.

Whilst I'm far more into fashion that beauty, and can't be bothered to spend much time or money on every day beauty regimes, there are a few items which I just couldn't be without.

1. Make Believe Self Tan Mousse - having spent months, if not years, trying to find the ultimate fake tan, I think I've finally nailed it. I've tried everything from budget St Moritz and Banana Boat to moisturisers to St Tropez, but this is by far the best. Nice smell, easy application, natural finish, and best of all it's white foam, so no streaks!

2. Sally Hansen Diamond Strength nail polish - from years of biting, my nails are weak and brittle. And undercoat of Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength under my coloured polish has definitely improved their strength and helped them grow.

3. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil - again, with so many expensive brands on the market, it took a while for me to find the ideal argan oil. Organix (available in Boots) is just £5.99 and doesn't make hair look greasy, no matter how much you apply.

4. Collection 2000 Fix Me Up - this spray claims to help seal your makeup, meaning it lasts longer without fading or smudging off. This may very well be a placebo, but I use it every time I go on a night out and I'm convinced it works!

5. Bare Minerals moisturiser - pretty straight forward. This was gifted to me after a make-under day with Bare Minerals. I use it daily before applying my makeup and I love it!

6. Lush Mint Julips lip scrub - removes all the dry skin from your lips; tastes like mint choc chip; you can eat it afterwards. Need I say more?!

7. Nicki Minaj for MAC lipstick - I love this Barbie pink shade. It goes with everything and lasts all night without smudging or fading.

8. Victor & Rolf Flowerbomb - my longest standing perfume, I've been wearing Flowebomb for three years now.

9. Bare Minerals Prime Time primer - another gift from my make-under day, this primer is better than the millions I have tried and tested. Would recommend to anyone who, like me, feels their foundation runs off within an hour of application!

10. Organix Brailian Kertain Therapy - I apply this to wet hair (followed by Moroccan oil on the ends) before blow drying to help prevent split ends. It smells great too!

11. Topshop Highlighter in Sunbeam - long lasting, and unrivalled (as far as I have seen) in terms of colour.

12. VO5 Ultimate Hold hairspray - it's been my life's mission, since my backcombing obsession at age 15, to find the ultimate strong-hold hairspray for my flat, pathetic hair. VO5's is exactly what I was searching for.

Bit of a long one today, but I hope this helps anyone who is looking for beauty recommendations without bias!

No comments:

Post a Comment